Welcome

I am doing this blog so we can keep everyone updated about Susan. I know there are people all over the world who love her and are praying for her. She and the family thank you for all your prayers. Our hope is in our Lord. Please continue to keep her in your prayers.

You can leave messages for her on this blog and when she is feeling better she will be able to read them. We are telling her each day the people who are praying for and calling.


Friday, January 8, 2010

Susan's Obituary

Hardman, Nancy Susan
age 53, went home to be with the Lord after a courageous battle with cancer Thursday, January 7, 2010. She was preceded in death by her father Dale E. Hardman and is survived by her mother M. Edna Hardman, brothers Larry and Gary, sisters-in law Judy and Debbie, nieces and nephews Ben and Sarah, David and Joel and Leah and Jason Brunie. She was a member of Salem Church of God and was a missionary for 24 years with the Mission Board of the Church of God in Anderson, Indiana. Susan was a great adventurer traveling to 47 countries in her life. Her award winning photography of her travels and of the world is remarkable and has been used in multiple books. As a missionary in China, she not only faithfully spread the good news of the gospel but she taught English classes to people of all ages. Susan was deeply loved by people from all over the world and the family is so grateful for the outpouring of love over the past few months. Her sense of adventure, warm humor, and love for all people positively influenced thousands of people. Her favorite passage of scripture was Job 26:14 “And these are but the outer fringe of his works how faint the whisper we hear of him! Who then can understand the thunder of his power?” We praise God for the life of our dear friend, for the hope we have in Jesus Christ and that he allowed us for so many years to hear his whisper through her life! The family will receive friends on Monday January 11th from 10:00am to 12:00 noon with a service immediately following at Salem Church of God with Pastor Robert Moss officiating. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to Children of Promise, the Louisville Project for Ben Hardman, or Campus Crusade for Joel Hardman. Arrangements entrusted to Newcomer Funeral Home.

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful obituary, Debbie. A well-worded tribute to such a special person. LOve, Lisa W.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful tribute...it especially touched me that now that the Lord has moved her on to new service, you could fully expand in writing on the work she has done on this side of Heaven. Though I know that whatever her official or unofficial role, in whatever context in which she met people, Susan touched the hearts of many and showed them the true joy of the Lord. Missionary, English teacher, friend, and servant of God...she will be missed. --Abby

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful tribute to a truly wonderful friend and an amazing family. She will be missed by so many people around the world. As others have already said, Thank you for letting us walk with our friend and you folks during these last difficult months. I can see her up in heaven snapping pictures of the saints to post in Nat'l Geographic or her next coffee table book! You have been in my prayers all day today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a friend of Susan's. I wore a "pray for China" bracelet that Susan gave me when she visited the CATC, during her struggle last year; and put it back on during her recent and final struggle. It reminded me to pray for Susan everyday. It was very emotional to take it off for the final time. I was weeping as I read your obituary for her; she prayed for me during my cancer journey. I am a three year survivor of cancer; and I was paseing my progress with hers. She beat us all to heaven. Guess God needed her there more than hear! I will miss her great smile and the very strong person that she was. She amazed me during her first bought with the evils of cancer; how strong she stayed during the process. I am praying for you the rest of your family.

    Jeff Lockhart - Indianapolis, CATC member

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cindy and I were so heart break to receive the message, although we know she went back to Jesus.

    We love and respect Susan because she followed Paul’s foot step,
    “However, I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish
    the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me--the task of
    testifying to the gospel of God's grace.”

    Susan has fought the good fight, she has finished the race, she has kept
    the faith. Now there is in store for her the crown of righteousness, which
    the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to her on this day.


    Alan & Cindy, Taiwan.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Hardman family,

    We returned around midnight from leading a TRI-S trip to Italy and were greatly saddened to hear of Susan's passing. What a wonderful and special friend she was. I will cherish the memories I have of Susan....from writing our SOT Master's thesis together before she went to China to our last visit with her in your home, Debbie and Gary. I will miss her so much but, as I write this, I see her embraced in the arms of her Lord and Savior. She sees him face-to-face and hears him say, "Well done, my child."

    We hope to be at her funeral tomorrow...the celebration of Susan's life of commitment to the Lord and to serving Him in Urumqui. May God comfort each of you with his love, peace and grace as only He can. Our thoughts and prayers are with you, Esther and family

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gary & Debbie, What special care-givers you have been during these weeks and months with Susan. Gary, the obituary was such a fitting tribute to your sister. Thank you both for allowing us to share in Susan's journey. And the funeral yesterday was such a worshipful service and at the same time a wonderful time of laughter as we shared in a tiny fraction of Susan's life. We will continue to pray for you and your extended families during this time of grief. Hugs to all of you!

    ReplyDelete